Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm A Winner

There's no time tonight, but i must mention: I won two twitter-based trivia contests today, one from Jerry Remy's twitter account and the other from AceTickets' account. From Remy- a $200 gift cert to AceTickets (this is HUGE for someone like me who's gonna be at 30+ games during the season.. every free ticket is fantastic). From AceTickets- free field box seats to the game tonight, Sox vs Marlins, 6/17. It was called after 5 innings due to serious rain but Victor and I stuck it out for quite a while. To think.. we started with Pavilion SRO and ended up in Section 11 field box seats. I really liked Section 11 for one reason in particular- it's situated smack dab between home and the right field wall. i could see Drew very well, and wasnt all that far from the action happening around home plate either (relatively.. wasnt like being in the bleachers, close to the outfielders but far from the infield action, or like being in the infield grandstands between the two dugouts where the outfielders are farther off). just an interesting perspective, and besides the EMC seats, I'm running out of new areas in Fenway to test out. Oh, the left field loge/box/low grandstands, and the right field roof boxes but i'm really not interested in right field seats in general, not a fan.

I was soaked for the entire night, even under my raincoat. At some point early on (before the game started, even) it didnt even matter anymore. The game itself was pretty unexciting as far as Red Sox games go. A highlight- watching the Nats beat the Yankees for the second time (consecutive wins too), and watching it on the huge scoreboard in centerfield. Pretty great watching the Yankees get beat by the worst team in baseball on a screen IN FENWAY PARK. Also great- the Cinco Ocho/Delcarmen Blame It On The Rain video. I saw it for the first time just over a year ago, actually- it was at the Celtics Parade at Fenway before that day's game when there was a torrential downpour- and it still hasnt gotten old. That song will forever be included in any Red Sox mix i create, and I subject my coworker to it every day near the end of work during our POWER HOUR of awesome tunes. (Also check out Get Out Of My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean.. not baseball-related.)

Bowden tomorrow. On 6 days of rest but i think we've gone over this already. Zink got a few innings in but they had to call it because of serious rain.. that's all i know and it's too late to check into it further.

I need to end this now, or i'll never get to sleep. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.