Wednesday, June 17, 2009

parting thoughts from the 6/17 game

By the way, what's going on with Youk? All these strikeouts (3 this past game) and 0fers lately (0-4 this past game). or 1-fer's. not typical of the Youkah.

Petey looked great though. 3-5 with 3 RBI and 2 SB. I look forward to a long career as a Pedroia enthusiast.

500 consecutive sellouts at Fenway Park. Will be there tomorrow for 501.

Matt Wieters hit his first MLB homerun tonight. Way to go, kid- congrats. More to come from you, I expect.


NICK GREEN. LOOKIN SHARP, LOOKING LIKE A SHORTSTOP. I was at McGreevy's with coworkers tonight watching the game, decided not to skip out and hit up Fenway... man alive, Nick Green has really stepped his game up a notch or two in the past little while.


Smoltz and Buchholz combined for a win in Pawtucket. Today (6/18) Zink is on the bump... I need to sit down with someone who knows what's going on to hear the explanation for the MESS that the rotation has been as of late. Bowden will be going on 6 days rest if Friday is his start, Clay went on 7 tonight (and didnt even start, he  relieved Smoltz), Zink is going on 6.. it's that Smoltz guy, and all this rainy weather/ppd games, but the way guys have been shifted is a little crazy (Zink was scheduled to go 6/16 which would have been 4 days rest.. then as a game time decision they put reliever Rocky Cherry in to start.. I know, i've already mentioned a bit of this but I'd love to know a little more about what's going on behind the scenes here).


Today (6/18), I'm out of work at 4 to watch Sox BP from the Monstah (so unique to be in there before the gates open), then taking lots of Hanley pictures for my friend Victor, who is either a Sox, Rays, or Hanley/Manny Ramirez fan.. but cant possibly be all of them. oh, and the best part... catching the Sox/Marlins game from Pavilion SRO. LOVE it, some of the best spots in the house to watch a game from.

That's all i've got in me... I'm fading fast.. night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.