Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paw Sox doubleheader

About the Buchholz post from a few days ago... sorry. Clearly I've never been a huge fan, and his tone in that interview made me a little crazy. I'm glad that his confidence certainly seems to be there (for better or worse). I'm glad that he cant wait to get to the big leagues, that he's not settling for the success he's experiencing in the present. And I will say no more. (until he gives me another reason to give him attention, positive or negative.)

Last night was a beauty of a night. I caught the second 7-inning game of Pawtucket's double header, and yes, more eye-footsie. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the $20 bleacher seat I had found for the Red Sox game, because I'm afraid that tomorrow could get rained out (I'm in Pavilion SRO... LOVE it). And how often do the Marlins come to town? Anyhow, I'm going to see 2 or 3 BoSox games (barring rainouts) before Sunday comes, and the Paw Sox are gone for a week after tomorrow night's game. Wanted catch them while they were at home. Chris Carter contributed mightily with his midgame 2-run homerun. Lately the Paw Sox have been looking alive at the plate but when the game is happening I'm still unable to believe that they have the ability to come back from being behind. Haha, Travis Denker summed it up in his post-game on-field interview last night... Hoard was talking to him about how "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away" in relation to getting breaks, having hits dropping in, and how for a while through the season guys were making contact but just not getting hits. Travis gave a little chuckle before replying something about how "the Lord has been taketh away for most of the season...". Funny stuff. McCoy was pretty much empty at that point, but I think everyone who heard got a kick out of that.

Tonight I'm cohosting a party at McGreevy's (baseball/boston sports bar half a block down the road, coowned by Dropkick Murphy Ken Casey) but might head over to Fenway to catch at least a few hours of baseball. Again, who knows what's going to happen tomorrow with the weather. It's supposed to be absolutely terrible this entire week, with the exception of tonight and last night.

*I'm thankful Ortiz ended his (embarrassing) curtain-call streak. Varitek has more hrs than you do, Papi. Good job, you're looking sharp lately, but you've still got work to do. Jonathan Van Every got his first (Major League) hr this season which should have been applauded so much more loudly than your first of the year, which came months into the season. We need you, and we're glad you're showing signs of life, so go out there and be our DH.

*Johan Santana. I believe in you. Locate those pitches, guy.. a pitcher of your caliber doesnt just lose it like that, and I know that once you figure stuff out you'll be back at the top of the pack. A couple tough outings dont define you.

*Jonathan Broxton, you are the best thing to ever happen in my fantasy baseball career.

*Hanley Ramirez, you're good, you're great, but I wouldnt trade Michael Bowden away for you.

*Wieters: too much pressure too soon? Or too soon to even talk about this perhaps. I feel for guys like you. The world doesnt give you a chance to do your thing the way any other rookie would get to..

Smoltz and Buchholz go tonight in Pawtucket. By the way, Zink was slated to start the second game last night but Rocky Cherry (? he's not a starter, fyi) took his place. Still havent figured out what happened there, but maybe google news can help with that.

More thoughts, but lunch time is over.

Go Sawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.