Sunday, June 14, 2009

Buchharoo

Alright Clay. That's it- it's over. I've tried to like you, or at least I've offered to give you more chances to win me over, but when it comes down to it, you just seem like a cocky jerk of a kid. I'm tired of trying to like you and/or trying to see the upside of you and your talent. I can understand your eagerness to get back to the majors, but you are not as entitled as you seem to think you are. Boston has pitchers that are better than you are. (half the problem here is that no one knows how good you are... you remain unproven past the minors, Bucko- just another reason why you are not the number one priority on the mind of the organization at present.) Eager, yes- you should be eager. Frustrated? Maybe, probably, but it should be mixed in with much larger portions of humility and self-awareness. I've heard people peg you as an immature, ego-inflated child, and the interview I saw tonight doesnt do much to dispute that picture of you. John Smoltz is a future hall of famer. He WILL pitch in Boston's rotation before you do. Brad Penny has been some shaky, some solid this season, but he's gotten us this far when our big guys werent yet up to speed, and so he SHOULD be in Boston for the time being. Justin Masterson has been more consistent while filling several different roles than you have filling just one in the Majors, and so why not continue to use him as a spot starter to patch the gaps here and there? Compared with Bowden, Bard, and Jones (who've all had MLB stints in 2009 of course), your attitude stinks, mister. You're good, and you've been great in Triple A, but you're not our be-all end-all (among those yet unnamed are Lester, Beckett, Wake, Tazawa, Doubront, Kelly, etc (Dice-K intentionally unnamed)). 

Yup, you'll get called up (if you're not traded outright first). But why dont you show a little reverence for all the guys in line before you and quit yapping. It's not a crime, and the way you make it sound like it is speaks volumes about how you see yourself.


Blogs are great. See how I just went off on a tirade about some guy I dont even personally know, save through the media? Still, I've never been able to like this guy, and his interview on Sports LateNight tonight drove me mad.

Ah well, I'm seeing him pitch today (Monday). No doubt he'll do really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.