Monday, June 15, 2009

The Boys Are Back In Town

I dont know why but I always feel better when I know the team is back. Especially when they've been on the road quite a bit. The Sox have a day off today but that just means they're walking around Boston somewhere. One of these days I will stumble across someone exciting :)

My dad quit the Mets after 49 years of loyal fanhood, just this past weekend. He said that he is now a Red Sox fan. I wonder if this will stick.. the day after he made the proclaimation, the Mets beat the Yanks quite comfortably. (..though they then went on to lose to their Subway rivals 15-0 yesterday... tough times.)

Speaking of the Mets, it's fun having a Mets fan in the office. This morning, in honor of last night's massacre (hey, Johan got mauled... it hurt me too...) I put 4 postit notes along the guy's desk, spelling out M-E-T-S. That's all that needed to be said.

Mmm, I've got leftover teriyaki chicken and rice gurgling in my stomach. Lovely. I have missed the feeling of being plugged in. It's a hard thing to get back into- because my current lifestyle revolves around being able to pick up and go to games 4+times every week. I was entirely relieved when i found out that the Red Sox are on the road in two weeks when I will be volunteering each night at a soccer camp put on by some Cambridge area churches and organizations... and disappointed when I realized that the Paw Sox are home for that entire week.
Oh well. There are bigger and better things. These kids will love Soccer Nights... and I will too.
Also, trying to brainstorm interesting/creative ideas of how to raise money for either www.love146.com or www.notforsalecampaign.org . Or both, probably. On the notforsale site they have a great section where athletes, artists, every-day-people get others to sponsor them for doing so much of something- ie, Matt Holliday of the Oakland A's is getting people to sponsor every homerun he hits (either $100 or $50 per).. all to go towards NFS. Wondering what I can do, and how much support I would get for it. The wackier/more creative/flashy, the better. I was pleased to see another baseball player up there.. Jeremy Affeldt of the San Fran Giants. Just a point of personal interest.

Well, as often happens, lunchtime has come to a close. I head to Pawtucket today with my friend Victor.

More eye-footsie tonight? I'll keep you posted. Shouldnt be in the stands tonight. It is equal parts intriguing and astounding to me, but as it keeps happening, it's losing its "astounding" effect. After all, he's just a kid like me. I just wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.