Monday, June 22, 2009

Pining

I'm listening to Babyface. That's when you know things are interesting.

Another Monday comes and goes.. 4 days left till the weekend, and a 4-day work-week next week (thank you honorary Independence Day). Today, not so eventful. I saw screenshots/pictures from Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland... everything looks up to par with the weirdness and darkness that one would expect from Burton. I, for one, cant wait to see it. I'm generally a fan of his work.

Mmm, speaking of movies with dry/dark humor, I watched an all-time favorite tonight- The Royal Tenenbaums. I love it no less with every viewing. It is comforting to me- quirky but familiar, aesthetically brilliant, and overall very colorful (literally and figuratively). I subjected the coworkers I share a room with to its soundtrack today. Last night was Bottle Rocket... and I'm out of Wes Anderson films already. I need to acquire some others in the near future.

Slow day for baseball. Mets get a win, which must feel good at a time when some of their key guys are down for the count. Paw Sox get no run support, and no ace-like showing from Buchholz, who pitched 82 pitches in 3.2 innings. 43 of those for strikes. ouch. 4K, not so bad there. 5 BB, but only 1 earned run (2 R total). Weird night. Scott Kazmir (I'm a fan) did pretty well in this his rehab start- 6 innings, 78 pitches (55 for strikes), 5K, 0 BB, 1 ER.

Wow.
Clay, 3.2 innings with 82 pitches. Scott, 6 innings with 78 pitches.
Wow.


Oh Paw Sox. Please come home soon.
Havent been to McCoy since last Tuesday. Wont be there again till this coming Saturday. I wish I could explain the part of me that is so restless to get back there. At least the action has started up in Lowell, to fill in the gaps while the big club and the Paw Sox are out of town. Red Sox are gone till the 3rd of July.. on the road for a while, DC, ATL, BAL. I got a good dose this weekend, at least.

Now I'm just rambling on, I think. It's because I feel like I had something else to mention, but it's not coming out of my fingers onto the keyboard... just cant remember.

Ah well. Some extra sleep never hurt. I've been thinking about what my walk up song would be if I was in the Majors. Potentials.. Aisle 10 by Scapegoat Wax; Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf (Jacoby has this one right now); Cannonball by Five Iron Frenzy; E-Pro or Girl or Que Onda Guero by Beck; Baseline or Heartbeat by Bleach; Kountry Gentlemen by Family Force Five. Maybe I'd do a shoutout to friends of mine, like After the Sirens or The Wrecking.
Yeah, lots of choices. I keep forgetting what I've said in response to this question so I figured I'd put everything down here. For the record. :) yawn. now listening to all my itunes songs to test for good plate music....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.