Friday, July 17, 2009

Let's have a look, shall we?

First thought as I sit down to watch the remainder of the Sox/Jays game: I dont care what anyone says, those old school powder-blue Jays uniforms are sweet. They remind me of my childhood. My favorite player, Jimmy Key, wore one. Not ugly. Definitely great.

It's gotta be the 6th inning (commercial break).. been watching on espn gamecast, and prior to that I had been at Kings in Back Bay watching coworkers bowl or in transit from there to home. We're up 4-1 thanks to a YOUKAH 2-run shot and a David Ortiz double. Petey has scored twice tonight so far. Bay has struck out twice. Yadda yadda... you can look at the box score and like I said, it's the bottom of the 6th so there's more to come.

I've been all over the place. All Star Break.. did some TV watching for much but not all of both the hr derby and the all star game. Wednesday, I trekked out to Lowell to catch the Spinners game with Victor. Thanks to some serious line-cutting, we each secured ourselves a Pedroia bobblehead. What! He's the one who cheated... I just joined him once I got there :) Spinners won and it was a gorgeous night. Scored the game and learned some more major pitches. Before, I could tell you about 2-seam and 4-seam fastballs, sliders, curveballs, knuckleballs, and changeups. Added splitter, cutter, think that's it.

Charlie Zink is of great interest to me since I last saw him start. I was so impressed watching him warm up. Cant wait to catch his next home start. Tonight he had another tough outing- 4 earned runs, 7 walks, 4 HBP, 0 K.. all over 4.2 innings. What changed between last year and now? He was named IL Pitcher of the Year in 2008. "..was named International League Pitcher of the Year after going 14-6and ranking second the International League and all of Triple-A with a 2.84 ERA in 28 starts at Pawtucket." (taken from http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=t533&t=p_pbp&pid=468402) This year, so far, he's 4-9 with an ERA of 5.14. I liked Charlie Zink last year but I was noooowhere near as involved in the happenings of minor league baseball as I am at present. Would have liked to see Zink as king of MiLB.

Daniel Bard just chewed those Jays up and spit 'em out. Man. When he's on, he's ON. Blows it right by batters.
Speaking of strikeouts, Bay just struck out a third time. sigh.

Right, excuse this entry. Basically just keeping my fingers busy while checking email, talking with housemates, and watchin the Sox.

Okie dyed his hair.
Michael Bowden did an interview for weei. http://audio.weei.com/m/25342574/pawtucket-pitcher-michael-bowden.htm


WHAT? I went for the entire post without even mentioning that Buchholz pitched for the big club tonight?? 6 innings, 1 earned run, 3BB, 3K over 5.2 innings. 103 pitches, 66 for strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.