Friday, April 30, 2010

Another great dream

This has been a great month for dreams. Once in a while, I go to bed hoping to dream about something in particular- and almost never end up dreaming about it that night. Lately, though, it has been a given almost each night that my dreams involve something baseball-related.

I recently received a call from the Director of Baseball Ops for the Red Sox. Our conversation left me inspired and motivated, and I couldnt sleep for most of that night- I was up fidgeting and thinking even as I was trying to embrace rest. Even once I did get to sleep sometime around 2am, I was awake and alert once more by 7am.

Last night, I dreamed that I was standing and talking with Jonathan Papelbon, my Cinco Ocho (play on Chad Ocho Cinco.. Pap wears #58). We were in a boxed off section a little ways down the first base line from the dugout. He asked me to go get Dusty Brown's chest protector from the Sox' workout room/clubhouse. I set out to get the requested piece of equipment, and made my way through Gordon College's campus, where old friend Josh Morrison warned me not to take a detour through Drew Hall because visiting hours were over. My destination was where Jenks/the Library is in real life, and once inside the big building I descended some stairs and entered the workout room where a bunch of players, mostly prospects that I know of, were getting their work in. I went to where a pile of styrofoam, multi-pieced chest protectors were and selected the blue one as Cinco has instructed. A coach (reminded me of Torey Lovullo, new Paw Sox Manager) asked if I wanted either of the green or white ones, as they were bigger than the undersized blue  chest protector I held, but I told him that Papelbon told me blue. As I climbed back up the stairs, suddenly I was in an outdoor mall complex that my friend Tiffany and I had visited last weekend. It was nighttime and very busy. I dont think I ever made it back to Cinco but as I was on my return journey the individual pieces of the chest protector started falling out of place.


John Buck made the Lansdownahs proud last night(Lansdownahs=my roto team). 3 homeruns, 5 RBI in one go.
My pitching is also tearing it up for me. If i could get a couple adequate bats- not even a BIG bat, just a few regular performers- I would be in formidable shape.
Oh Lars Anderson. Like Beckett, I've just never been super impressed with the person of Lars. Admittedly, he's off to a strong 2010, but we'll see what the season brings. The reason I mention it at all is because he was called up and had his AAA debut yesterday.

One more... Bowden, what's the problem? It hurts to see you struggle so much. I want to know what the hangup/s is/are because his last start... well, lets just say that I'm not going to be posting a screenshot of it. Not good. Are his adjustments not working for him? Or does he simply have some kinks to work out? Was it just a bad day? More information please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.