Sunday, May 9, 2010

Johnny

Jon Lester comes through once again. Apparently his ERA has fallen from 8.44 to 3.71 in his last four starts which is a VERY good sign, and shows some serious improvement. Rather, some serious recalibration. Lester is so stinkin good. His first few starts were not up to snuff but Jon is one of the ones who is actually pulling his weight around Fenway Park these days.

Went to a Quakes game yesterday. Some good baseball being played at the Epicenter. It's always a great game in one form or another- extra innings, walk-off wins, someone going 4-4, a dominant pitcher, a rehabbing major leaguer, etc. I've quickly familiarized myself with the team's usual starters and think of them all fondly, somewhere between how I feel about the Spinners and how I feel about the Paw Sox. I already know these guys better as a unit than I did the 2009 Spinners, but I'm not quite sentimental about them like I am with the Paw Sox. I'm excited to see Tyler Chatwood start tomorrow at 10:35am... he is my buddy and favorite among all the players. As for favorites based on what I've witnessed of their performance, well, Roberto Lopez is their captain-esque catcher. He bats near the top of the lineup, has a great athletic and muscular build, and also has this leader's air about him. I remember him getting absolutely plowed into on a play at the plate, but even after being mauled he held onto that ball after applying the tag. That was a couple games ago (well, of the games I've gone to). Chatwood seems to be one of their best, has had a pretty strong start to the season and... well, i'll let you read up if you're interested:
http://www.halosheaven.com/2010/2/1/1286963/tyler-chatwood-angels-top-prospect

Perfect Dallas Braden and his precious mound. Awesome that he threw a perfect game... I think the 19th in MLB history? I havent watched a ballgame in about a week... the series vs the Angels was blacked out of course and I've been on the go for the past few days while we played the Yanks. Maybe I'll watch today's game tomorrow... I want to see Lester do his thing.

Bed time so I can get up early to beat the morning traffic to Rancho Cucamonga. Quakes vs Storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.