Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Red Sox, you are the only-only-only..

We finally get some wins under our belts, and I dont have time to post about it. I promise that I'm not one of those who only likes to complain. I still have to watch tonight's game anyhow, before I can write... I was treated to a very nice dinner out tonight so I missed my baseball for the evening. sounds like youk was the hero of the night... and mcdonald was the man last night. Quick thoughts on yesterday's game... Darnell McDonald manufactured that win for the Red Sox. Between Reddick and McDonald.. well, lets just say that the Paw Sox portion of the lineup was a more potent force than the remainder of the team that the Red Sox fielded. I also appreciated how McDonald subsequently started in CF tonight. Players dont always get instantly rewarded like that for doing well, but I think that's the message that needs to be sent to this team. Perform, contribute, and you'll see playing time.. no matter if you're out of Pawtucket or Boston, if you've been with the team for half a day or a number of years. Geez, and look what he did tonight- 1-for-3 with a walk, 2 runs, and an RBI. He's definitely making a case for himself. (Unfortunately, Petey was 0-for-5. Did draw a walk though.)

Great, now i'm looking at tonight's box score. I'm never gonna get to sleep, and I need it. Well, ok, we'll end on this note. Cinco Ocho got the win last night, Oki got the win today... he struck 2 batters out in his 1 inning. Bard looked verrrry nice today over two innings of middle relief and 29 total pitches (21 thrown for strikes), striking out 3.
(and finally, if Bard's line for the night looks good, take a gander at Neftali Feliz's 2 innings- he also struck out 3 batters, but over a total of only 23 pitches! (15 for strikes) Yow.)


More later, of that you can be sure.
Oh. Had an incredible dream starring Jeff Natale and Michael Bowden of all people, sitting in the stands at a minor league park I've been to in past dreams. Wasnt really a personal dream, but that's all you're getting. Suffice it to say, during and after I felt like I was missed equally as much as I myself am missing McCoy. I'm thankful for these baseball dreams that I've been having. They've been very deep and vivid, emotionally. And they've all made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.