Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just a dull ache now..

Yeah, y'know, being away from Fenway is not the life for me.

One day, I'll work there. It may be soon, it may not be for years, but everything comes back around to baseball. If I could do anything, I think I'd be Mike Hazen's sidekick.

I've had a ripping headache all day, didnt sleep well last night after spending hours on drawing up an important cover letter. Dreamt about front office people (not kidding).. no one in particular, but i remember being stressed out, which clearly ties directly into my current situation. Tossed, turned, got up at 7 and worked on the cover letter for a couple more hours until work.

Alrighty. Well, tonight I'm really just writing to post something. We can start with the easy stuff... Petey was incredible last night, and Youk and Scutaro were right there with him. combined 9 for 15! 9 runs and 4 rbi! noice.  I'll have to go back and see if Petey did that thing he does when he steals... I watched a lot of the game but was out of the house for some of it. I believe those were his first steals of 2010. AND Mr Jason Varitek, 3 for 5 with 2 runs and 4 rbi (as many as Petey/Youk/Scutaro put together!)... part of me is so stoked that Tek is showing more than just signs of life. He's never been a favorite, but I like the way he plays the game and I appreciate what he means to our pitching staff.
How many times have i mentioned that I'm not a Beckett fan, never have been? Trust me, I'd love to be. If only he'd give me a reason to be. His temper makes him entertaining to me, but otherwise he's just frustrating. He has this reputation for being so ... good. But... he's not been our team's Ace over the past few years. I must have gone off on this tangent before so I'll end it here.

I'm listening to the Paw Sox broadcast; the accents are so endearing. The commercials are quite small-townish and they make me smile. The team that the PawSox are playing came out on top of their game last night... after 15 innings. They're dead tired. There should be no question who wins tonight, and yet we're trailing by 2 runs. Kason Gabbard (who has bounced around a bit over the past few years) is pitching in place of Fabio Castro who got bumped up to Boston. Good Lord. Boston. What a mess it is up there. Nothing that cant be fixed, but it requires good players performing at or above their "par" levels. When my head isnt throbbing I will try to post some good points from the farm system, because there are some sharp looking players early on in 2010.

With that said... Bill Hall just doesnt fit on this team. I hate to be yet another hop-on on the bludgeoning bandwagon, but I'm trying to bring to mind anything that Bill Hall has contributed yet this season. Ah. One RBI.



Well well well. Check you out, Buckaroo. (Shoot, sorry, I know that some nicknames are gratingly obnoxious. I like "Buckaroo" so much because it's somewhat deprecating, and I've often had trouble taking Clay's attitude, or the attitude I've perceived him to have, seriously.) So far he's thrown 82 pitches over 6 innings! Efficient. Has only given up 1 ER! Pitching well though his strike out and hit against counts are not exactly stellar. I'm going to live in the moment because at any second he could start to crumble, as have become characteristic of the rest of our starters. It's refreshing to see so few runs scored against. The fact that we have only scored once in response is another story all together. Buckaroo. Reminds me of both a little kid and Dunkaroos.



You were waiting for it! I know you were... Michael Bowden is up tomorrow. Tonight he's sitting a handful of rows up from the net behind home, charting and texting and feeling bored. What I wouldnt give to be a 23 year old guy who gets paid many hundreds of thousands of dollars.. I would gladly chart games a few times each week, and wouldnt even be bored doing it.

Alright, my eyes are burning out of my head (or so it feels). Went to a Quakes game on Sunday, was one of those impeccably sunny warm days that make me desperate for Fenway, McCoy, or Hadlock. Sunny Sunday afternoons were MADE for baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.