Thursday, August 6, 2009

For Once, It's A Little TOO Bright Outside

Ughhh. Kids my age seem to have this desire to participate in activities that have physical backlashes. I'm no different but instead of having hangovers a couple times a week (or.. ever) I run myself ragged into the night driving across state borders. My head is killing me and my eyes are dry to the point where I have been sitting at my desk and closing one eye for a handful of seconds, then switching to the other eye, in a creative attempt to allow myself to still work while alleviating my dry, sore eyes.
I took yesterday off from work to head up to Maine. It's silly that a bobblehead giveaway would be such a long-anticipated event, but I'd be lying if I said that I hadnt been counting on going since.. man, must be since April, whenever they released the promotions schedule for the Portland Sea Dogs. In fact, to give you a wider scope of things, I had a pretty aggressive schedule planned out at the beginning of the season which was going to allow my Bobblehead Alley to increase exponentially in size. So far, with work and traffic after work, I've only managed to collect two of the bobbleheads I had set my eyes upon- a Petey from Lowell and a Bowden from Portland (last night). I've missed 2 Lowries and 2 Mastersons (and a few others which were never part of my plan to begin with). As it stands, Bobblehead Alley consists of a Bowden, a Youk, and 4 Peteys (a 5th still in its box tucked away; all of them are unique, no repeats!)
Anyway, having Wednesday off split my week up very nicely. My dad paid me to run around Cumberland, ME taking pictures of area businesses for a website. I got my bobblehead, and I got my Sea Dogs Biscuit. I even got a win from the guys, 9-0. Will see them again this Saturday at Futures At Fenway.

My birthday was spectacular. Not only did I have a great (short) day at work, but I won 4 passes to a special season ticket holders/players' guests only Patriots practice for tonight (Thursday, 7pm), spent time with some of my favorite people, viewed a close game (to ask for a win would be far too much with the Paw Sox), had my first beer-at-a-ballpark (terrible), and had my name put up on the scoreboard!! Yeah, that was a big surprise.. I didnt know it was coming and all of a sudden my friends (there were 8 of us) are yelling and pointing towards the scoreboard. I had half a cup of beer in me which enabled me to be more excited than the little kid who was having his own birthday party 3 rows in front of us. More than anything, it was just very thoughtful.

Tonight, Patriots. Tomorrow, Pawtucket for the Pedroia Replica Jersey promotion (yessss!)... then Saturday is Futures, right by the home team's on-deck circle, a few rows back from the field.

Time to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.