Thursday, February 19, 2009

To Ft Myers..

Here i sit on the eve of my trip to Fort Myers, nearly completely packed up and sitting in a dark room watching Moulin Rouge on my mac. (i dont know if "dreamy" is a word i have ever used to describe a man, nor do i think i'll ever again find myself using it, but if the word applies to anyone it is Ewan McGregor in this movie. sigh.) my hands are cold, my hair is straight, and for once i'm actually not thinking about baseball. ...until i just wrote that. oh well, then..

tomorrow at 8:30am i board a plane destined for Fort Myers, FL. i'll be down there for about a week and i really have no idea of what i should be expecting. i know that i will get up close and personal with some players; i know that i will wear flip flops or sandals for the entirety of my stay; i know that i will meet up with my friend/colleague Lori; otherwise, there are a lot of variables. what i most look forward to i spending time in leisure, whatever that might mean for each moment i'm there- going to bed early, walking along the shore, reading in a cafe, spending hours at the Sox training facility. being alone will help me recharge. 
also, i've sworn off chocolate for the last 3 weeks. i am very excited to indulge again once i'm finally in florida.

i'm hoping to get as many autographs as can fit on a baseball or two, and once i take some pictures i plan to get them printed and have them signed as well. i have a great michael bowden pic on my wall and i love the idea of adding to that theme.

...my computer died while i was writing this last night, and now i'm headed out the door in less than ten minutes- lots to tell when i get back i'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.