Saturday, February 7, 2009

some randoms

Favorite Sox-related Song: Tessie, Dropkick Murphys

Favorite Sox-related Possession: I like baseball "stuff", especially as each item ages but continues to carry sentimentalities and memories, but for this question i would have to definitively say my bobbleheads are my favorite possessions. I have 4 different Pedroias and one Youk. My collection will definitely grow this season, as i plan to get at least 4 others (they are given out at certain minor league games, and they're quality). They all sit on my dresser (except for a Pedroia that i acquired as a Secret Santa gift this past Christmas- it's still in its box) and i call them Bobblehead Alley, collectively. Sometimes if i'm feeling silly or overly excited while watching a game on TV (think Game 2 of the 2008 ALCS when Pedroia hit two homeruns in one game) i will run in and bobble them all together. I call it the Bobblehead Alley Rally.

I have never bought a beer at Fenway Park. I think it's silly to pay that much for cheap beer.

The first MLB game I ever went to was at Fenway when i was much younger and much more foolish... I loved the Yankees because they had my favorite pitcher Jimmy Key, and so i remember sitting in the right field GS facing the outfield (not home plate) and being absolutely disgusted that my father had brought me to Fenway first instead of Yankee Stadium. I think we even left early, because my mom was bored and there were poles in our line of sight towards the infield (not super obstructed but enough).

I have no idea why Jimmy Key was the player of my childhood, but I still have about 20 different Jimmy Key baseball cards (and a number of duplicates) under my bed here where I live right now.

I do not think that baseball is slow or boring. Ever. If i could, i would go 2 hours early to every game I attend to watch the field, and to see the park slowly fill with fans.

...Ok, i take it back. The 2008 All-Star Game was a mediocre ballgame and though I stayed up for all of the extra innings, I was bored (this also probably had something to do with the fact that back then, we didnt have cable and so I watched all games on ESPN.com 's stat-tracker).

Yes, until August 2008 i watched all games that i was not at on a play-by-play stat-tracker. And it was still exciting (enough so for me to keep doing it, at least).

I used to have a strong dislike of Red Sox fans, and less-so the Red Sox themselves. I just didnt understand. And now I am very much one of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
There is no offseason.